Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Tricky things

Hi All
Three little problems.
1) How does one undo master cylinder bottom nut, i.e.without removing servo?
Would a slight leak from the bottom of the servo be cured by tightening this
bottom nut
2) Even on new automatic cars in 1970 at speeds over 70mph, the elastomer
joint in the propshaft would stretch and soften meaning propshaft going out of
straight and true, and vibration. I have that problem.
Could I put three short self tappers through the outer tube ( and rubber) when
the car is cold. They would stop just short of penetrating the inner tube, and
be located exactly 120 degrees apart. hopefully they could hold the position
of the outer tube relative to the inner without destroying the function of the
elastomer joint. Or should I go for a solid propshaft.
3) Does anyone know how to get a wire from the behind the rear cubby panel
along the inner sill. Does the seat belt have to come off, or can one thread a
thin tube through from the front and push the wire through it, as I did to get
from the rear wing to centre boot below the boot floor.
All ideas appreciated
Peter