Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Coolant in Vee

Hello Peter,
    More coolant in than you took out?  Are we talking ounces, pints, quarts,
gallons or cc's, US/Imperial/Metric?  And, is it still taking fluid?  Most
likely, the system was a little low when you took off the manifold, and there was
some coolant still in the manifold, and some spilled from hoses when
disconnected, so that is most likely the difference.  If not, the alernative...it
is leaking directly into your oil sump  past the water pump or head gaskets, or
into the cylinders and out the tailpipe.

If the heads are not parallel at the intake manifold, the intake will leak in a
time inversely proportional to the amount of engine starts and stops
made...many...sooner.  This is due to the expansion/contractions and vibrations
going on with the cylinder heads and other parts, keep thing torqued only to spec
and all will be fine longer.

So, mascara works on eyebolts eh?, and most likely not on male threads, only
female threads, unless the car has been converted....this is getting bad...

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: