Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Silicone Brake Fluid

Gents

Greetings from Canberra

I have been following the discussion and it would seem that the major
concern re standard fluid as versus the silicone is that silicone does not
attract water.

Surely, the location of storage and use of the vehicle and the climate that
the vehicle is subjected to must have a bearing.

Canberra, where I have lived since 1963, has an average rainfall of about
25 inches per year, Has a relatively dry climate, hot in summer.  I use
Castrol brake fluid in all my cars without any problems.

OK so I renew a rubber now and again (like every 3 or 4 years)

my 2 pence worth, (depending on the exchange rate and the currency)

keep Staggering   brian