Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Coolant Leak in Vee

Peter,

My guess is that it's the gasket between manifold and
head. There's a long thin slot at the bottom of the two
rear manifold "arms" which carries water.

There's also a small hole at the top of the two front
"arms" which also carries water, and mine is leaking
from the left hand one.

I've had the manifold on and off several
times but have yet to cure it. The last suggestion I had
was to apply a thin bead of silicone sealant and let it
get almost dry before installing the manifold.

It's important to let it dry as otherwise there's a danger
of it squeezing into the hole/slot and blocking it.

In my case I've had the heads off so may not have them
perfectly aligned. My next task is to loosen one before
installing the manifold. However, if your heads haven't
been disturbed recently then the alignment should be OK
and it's probably just a leaking gasket.

I'll be interested to know what you find.

John Clayton