Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Wire Wheel Removal

Hello Bruce,
    An old Triumph mechanic I knew had a knack of heating up the wheel
to help it off the splines. If your wheels are painted, they will need
to be redone.  The wheel needs to be dissassembled and reassembled after
separating it from the spline hub and tuned/trued.   I recall that you
can remove wheel and hub by removing the hub/bearing nut.  Makes things
easier to work with the hub off the car.  There is lots of surface area
in the splines, so it may take several heating/cooling cycles.
Regards,
Glenn Merrell