Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag trip mileage, request for info

Tim

Greetings from Canberra and for all other staggers I am home from my
hospital trip and all is well accept when I sit.

Tim,  you say that on your trip you returned 18 MPG on US measured fuel.
According to my way of thinking that figure gets worse on Imperial
measurements..

What intrigued me is that you state that the timing was set to 4 Degrees
AFTER TDC.

In all my years of playing with cars, and that amounts to over 40 years, I
have never yet set or seen a car set to  AFter TDC.

This would mean that time of the bang the piston is half way down the pot
instead of at the top or a fraction after, thus utiliasing the full effect
of the bang.

I must admit that I have just looked at the Stag manual and my TR7 manual
on which the stag motor is based and they refer to the dynamic figure as
being AFTER.  My suggestion is forget this figure and set at the static
figures.

keep staggering  brian