Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: hardtop storage

Lenny,
A few years ago someone had pictures of their hardtop stowage scheme in the4
SOC newsletter. I made one for both my  Stag and my TR3. They work swell. They
are built as follows:
1. there are two assemblies. Each assembly consists of 3 2x4's.

2. The front assembly has two short (18 inch long or so ) 2x4's bolted to the
garage rafters hanging down. The third 2x4 is mounted to the bottom ends of
the two vertical members to form a horizontal bar the width of the front of th
hardtop..

3. The rear assembly is different in that it hangs down 30 inches or so, and
is hinged to swing like a trapeze.
4. To install the top, lift up the rear trapeze, rest the front of the hardtop
on the horizontal
front member and slide the top forward until you can raise the back end up and
swing the trapeze under it. The back of the hardtop rests on the trapeze.

5. I have found this very easy to use, although it does take two people to
hang the hardtop.