Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Motor rebuild advice wanted

Hi folks,

The person who will be rebuilding my '73 Stag motor has asked me to
gather any bits of wisdom to assure the motor is the best it can be. This
guy owns a British Car repair shop in Eugene, Oregon (for at least 20
years) and prepares engines for historic races. He's very good.

I've enjoyed reading the stag digest mail for the few weeks that I've
been on the list. I've saved several of your tips. If you'd like to add
more advice (or send me something you already wrote to someone else), I'd
welcome it.

My car is a Sapphire Blue '73 with four-speed & overdrive and air
conditioning. (Any advice on whether I should keep the air conditioning?)
My goal is to have the Stag restored in time for the Vancouver, British
Columbia All-British Field Meet at Van Deusen Gardens next spring.

There's only one part that I know I need. The combination boot
lid/tonneau hinges are both missing the steel bar that serves as the
tensioner that keeps the boot lid up. Any suggestions? I probably could
have someone make the pieces if I had some specifications to work from.

Thomas Santee