Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Wheel s and oil Pressure

Ron Brown wrote

>>>The other question on a more serious note is the oil gauge fitted reads
in
Kpa.  I assume this to be an atmospheric / pressure type gauge.  it hovers
on 2.0 or is it 20 but I am darned if I can relate to it in Lbs as I don't
know if the pressure is good or bad!.<<<

Brian, in your response to the above you overlooked a factor of 10 to the
minus 2 (0.01), that is 1 lb per sq inch is 0.06895 kPa and 1 kPa is
equivalent to 14.5 lbs per sq inch (1 bar).  This gives Ron a pressure of
29lbs per sq inch, a little lower than mine if at approx 2000RPM but great
if it is at idle.  It all depends.

Guy Grunwald