Stag/Stag Digest Archive

BW type 35

It won't shift in to 3rd.
I have ; played with the kick down cable(including removing it)  Played
with the shift linkage, removed the valve body, inspected it and cleaned

it. I've had the fluid high and the fluid low but the symptoms are
always the same as follows.
 From stop if you put it in gear (D) it images immediately and on
acceleration changes from 1st to 2nd with a mild thump  and then remains

in that gear unless you come to a near stop.  If you select (R)  it
images immediately and and on acceleration it backs up (no slippage).
If you select (L)  it images immediately and and on acceleration it
stays in 1st.   If when driving you select (L) it changes down
immediately.  All in all it dose what it is supsed to do but... It will
not change in to 3rd.

DM