Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Transmission filler plug Help Needed (Updated)

Darwin...

Sometimes the easiest fix is the most obvious... this was the case for me...

Get a big file and re-square the plug...

You could even file it to fit the most appropriate sized open end wrench you
have...  (make it a nice tight fit!)

In addition...

Not being familiar with your car...  I don't know where it is relative to the
cover... but if the plug is right up inside the cover... then get good sized
hole saw... and cut a hole in your cover.  Like a 2" hole... so that you can
access it for removing the plug and/or for filling with fluid.  You can always
close the hole up with a fancy store-bought plug or duct tape... and just
recover with carpet, etc.

I have seen those sockets that you mention...  they're big, they're bulky... and
they're a pointless tool to buy because, 99% of the time, there would not be
enough room around a fastener to use the tool...   My guess, there would not be
room for you in this application...   BUT... if you did cut that access hole...
this tool may be the ticket!

--Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
TR4A x 2