Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Gearboxes

Brian,
Glad you are feeling better and that your prognosis is good. I do not know
the specifications on Triumph gear boxes, but I do have a standard Stag,
non-overdrive box sitting on the floor of my warehouse.  I would be glad to
send you any measurements or other specifications that may be of help from
this box.
Stuart Corenblum
'72 Stag
'57 T-Bird
'39 Packard Street Rod
'27 Model T

Can anyone provide details on the difference in Specifications of the
Manual gearboxes as used in the Stag compared with other triumphs such as
the sedans.

I have heard somewhere in the past that the sedan G/boxes will not bolt
straight on because there is a difference in the input shaft.  Fact or
fiction is the question?

keep staggering  brian