Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stuck accelerator pedal

Hi,

This is a new problem altogether.
Twice recently I have braked a little harder than normal, and then the
go pedal will not depress for about 2/3 attempts.
Once approaching a r/about, and once a pedestrian crossing.
R/about:
Accelerated towards the r/about, turned the wheels slightly left.
Then when coast is clear, moved on. Half way round, no more go.
Luckily there was no one around, so I coasted to the side.
Before reaching the kerb, pedal will depress again.

Crossing:
Just come round a left bend. Crossing at red.
Stopped OK. (Harder than necessary perhaps.)
No go when able to move off. 2/3 attempts later, BINGO.

This didn't happen when I test drove the car. Although I tried
the brakes in a straight line.

Anyone have an idea what might be happening?
Thank goodness it's no the brake pedal, eh!

Cheers,
David
--
David McDougall			|  Mailto:david.mcdougall@domain.elided
(Accounts Dept)			|  Tel: +44 (0)131 467 8413