Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag leaks

Hello Al,
    If you take a look at the addresses this e-mail is sent to, the stag@digest
net is the new address.

Comparison of the New Radiator Cowls vs. an electric fan, the electric fan will
keep your Stag cool if the cooling system is properly maintained.  The Cowl is an
aid to the original fan setup at idle to collect all the fan air and pass it
through the whole radiator surface area.  The Cowl can be made to accept a 17
inch electric fan easily if the original fan and torquatrol unit is removed,
thereby forcing all the air through the radiator core as opposed to having the
fan blow through a round spot in the middle of a square surface area.  From the
tests performed, an electric fan will handle the cooling quite nicely, should be
thermostatically controlled to turn on/off as needed..  It is your choice.  So,
to more directly answer your question, I do not think there is any point in
adding a cowl to a system that is using an electric fan, unless the original fan
is retained.

See the composite cowl set at  http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Glenn Merrell
"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"