Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Intermittent running

Hi Graham

This sounds similar to a problem I had.

The car would start fine, run great, but when fully warmed up, it would
start to kangaroo.

After much searching, the problem was solved one day when I went out in the
Stag, got to where I was going but couldn't start the car to get back.

Solution - Fuel pump, as it was getting hot after a long drive it was
starting to stick and not pump fuel, I fitted a new one and hey presto !
back on the road and problem cured.

BTW, when first starting the car I could still hear the fuel pump fill the
carb's, so that ended up being the last thing I checked, I will know better
in future.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps.

Ian Baird
'70 MK1 Stag