Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: star cars

Richard Hudson wrote:

> Dear all
>
> With regard to Stags on the telly I recall that James Bond stole/drove
> one, I think in Diamonds are Forever, where are you now?? Does anybody
> remember the registration number it was definitely one of the
> pre-production cars and H reg despite the movie being released in 1971.
>
> It was early in the film and I seem to recall the immortal Mr Connery,
> pretending to be some baddy driving his car through customs at Dover..
> could be wrong any Bond fans out there.
>
> Anyone know of any other films / tv shows that featured stags.

Yes it was Diamonds are Forever, right at the beginning. It was a
`mustard' colour, H reg (probably RVC???H) and the sound was dubbed over
with what seemed like a Triumph Herald !

There was a series on the telly in the UK a couple of years ago with a
dark red stag but I can't remember the name ! (I think John Thaw was in
it). A stag did appear once in Eastenders. Also there was one blown up
by Jeremy Beadle !

Regards,

Dave.
--