Stag/Stag Digest Archive

power steering

Greetings from canberra.

Thought I would post some hints regarding maintenance checks which we
probably overlook.

For those with cars where the exhaust manifold is on the same side as the
power steering pipes, in Stags it would make any difference between LHD or
RHD, in RHD TR6, Sedans etc,   Just check that there is ample clearance
between the pipes and the manifold.

A few months back I had a new rack installed in my sedan and they must have
left the High pressure line in contact with the exhaust pipe.  After a
while a hole was worn in the pipe with spectacular effects when oil at 850
psi is squirted onto the hot exhaust.

One thing is for sure you do not have to worry about any cars behind, it
would have been impossible for them to see where they were going.

keep staggering

brian

Brian & Jan Tink

Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
Australia
P.O. Box 815  Woden  A.C.T. 2606
batink@domain.elided
Phone: (02) 62815275 (h)  Mobile 014 68 5040
Fax:   (02) 62812331  Need prior warning to set up computer
FGBMFI   "His Banner over us is Love"

                                 /\
                         ___	/  \
                               \___/