Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Inlet manifold installation

After a water pump rebuild, I am set to put things back together.  I dimly
remember a discussion of the requirement for loosening one of the heads as
described in the ROM - is this really necessary?  I am reluctant to loosen
a head that has been tight and leak-free for 60,000 miles...

Also, what is the preferred way to install the inlet manifold gaskets?
Mine had silicone sealer on them and I'm pretty sure one was leaking.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Mike Burdick
Omaha NE
'72 Stag