Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag GIS - Thefts of Stags

Hi
It is true that a lot of Stags have been reported stolen in UK and I have feel
very sympathetic towards the ex-owners. I have had a car stolen and the
sensation is quite dreadful. This was not a Stag but a Rover 800 Auto. (Why
anyone should have stolen that is still beyond me!)
I have always wondered why Stags above all other cars were stolen. Is it for
the spare parts. Are they shipped abroad, as some authorities have ventured.
Has anybody found out definitively where they go?
I have seen advertisments from time to time in the SOC magazine that say,
barnful of Stags being broken.
Could we not invoke an own "code of ethics", and always try to be sure of
parts origins when purchasing them. I am guilty of buying a used auto
propshaft that was advertised in the classifieds, but the seller didn't have
anything else . I also bought a used hoodframe front rail, but it was useless
and I have had it repaired. It must have come off a very rusty car. The seller
had a Stag undergoing resoration in his garage. Everything else has come from
the well known suppliers.
Peter Howells