Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag GIS

K.G. Nicholson wrote:

> A GIS for Stags worldwide sounds an interesting idea. I do just have one
> concern and that is about security of our Stags from the determined theives
> out there.  A while back the UK Stag Owners Club stopped putting their monthly
> magazine in envelopes with the stag logo on since it was believed that anyone
> who saw the envelopes could pass on the whereabouts of Stags to the criminals.
>
> These low lifes would then watch properties with Stags and strike when it best
> suited them.
>
> I know that you would not publish locations without anyones express approval
> but in the UK we are a little paranoid about theft.
>
> Does anybody else have any views on this?

My thoughts entirely ! I certainly wouldn't publish to the world all the
details about my Stag and then give an address aswell ! I get paranoid
about the gas man coming in the garage to read the meter !

I suggest that a rough area could be included e.g. West Midlands rather
than a complete address. An email address or even a phone number could
allow the person to be contacted if need be.

Regards,

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs