Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Low End Blues

Dear fellow Staggers,

I have a 1973 Stag which has just undergone a complete restoration including
engine rebuild.  I put Lumenition in in lieu of points/condenser.  The
problem:  I have a huge lag in the low end rpm on the car.  I have checked and
rechecked the timing, enrichened and weakened the mixture ad nauseum and
checked and rechecked the valve clearances.  Both timing and clearances seem
impeccable but I still can not get the lag out of the low end.  Once the rpm's
have gone over 2000, the engine picks up quick briskly.

I have even switched out the carberators with another Stag that runs well and
have no difference in the lag problem.

Lumenition, when you contact them at their website, only lists for a 74 Stag
and on.  Could the Lumenition be causing the porblem?  What have I overlooked?

Sincerely,

Kim LeMasters