Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Dim oil pressure warning light

Hi all
I think the oil warning light is always dim during the bulb test, on ignition
switch on.
I think it is unlike the other warning lamps in that it is wired in series
with another bulb namely that of the Brake warning lamp. Also looking at the
wiring diagram, it seems to me that when the oil pressure warning light is on
due to low pressure, then the Brake Warning light must also be on although not
at full power.
Also, if the oil warning lamp bulb is shot, I do not see how the Brake Warning
lamp can show at ignition switch on because it needs the Oil pressure warning
bulb to complete the circuit.
I am looking at the wiring diagram for cars up to LD 20000.
It seems to me to be a strange layout.
Peter Howells