Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Spax and Koni Rears -wot about the front

For what it is worth, (perhaps mike will verify this), on talking to a
suspension shop the front suspension is of the same design as was put in
(UK) zephyrs and most British cars of that period. The design has a
fault which means the shock ram wears at the exit point (you know wot I
mean?) the end result stuffed shock
Considering at least here in NZ is that Konis cost 2 to 3 times more
than a "good quality" shock.

You pay this extra for:

a) the name
b) the ability to get the shock inserts rebuilt, thus over the long term