Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: North American Stags

Kevin,

You asked:

>Would all the North American Stag owners please send me a note?  I am
>hoping to whip together a registery.  Recommendations and suggestions on
>it's full purpose would be welcome.  I don't see much point in a very
>formalized club, but we could all benefit from a little mutual support.

Well, at least one of the North American Stag's is now a "former North American": it's now in the Netherlands:
I imported the white 1973 Stag with comm# LE20342UBW (automatic, airco, hardtop) in november 1996 from California.
First owner appears to be a Hugh Friedman from Palm Springs, whose original metal "Leyland dog-tag" came with the car. He bougt it
on 7-19-73.
Last known owner was Raymond W. Porter from San Marino, CA 91108, who bought it on 12/24/88 according to the US registration.
I guess the real license# was 219HXB, but I bought it with the plates "USA STAG"!

Car has a recon gearbox , brake system and dif by now, major rebuilt is planned for 2000. It's not a daily driver, but we took it
for a UK-holiday last year and that was great fun and without any problems (not even in traffic jams and 30 degrees celcius).  This
year France (maybe Spain) is the holiday target, but a UK-visit for the 75 year celebration at Gaydon is still in our mind....

Gerard Cappers, Groningen, The Netherlands
Club Triumph Holland webmaster.
Club Triumph Holland address:        http://www.triumph.nl
Club Triumph Holland e-mail   :         info@domain.elided
private email: cappersg@domain.elided