Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: North American Stags & Stag Demographic

Hello All,
In regard to Kevin's request, John Ramerman has developed an Internet Stag GIS Demographic under my constant cattle proding...that is, I was riding on his coat tails....anyway, it is a Mercador projection map of the globe, interactive, showing a "dot" where an owner places his/her car information.  point and click on the "dot" and you get a list of particulars about the car, e-mail links, owner details...whatever the owner wanted to place in the listing relevant to the car and hobby, links to pic's, anywhere in the world.  Although the demo version was only rough detail, it is a super bit of work by John.  I'd hate to see it get shelved, so we need a web host.  The GIS software is licensed has some cost, but John has some ideas on that too.  Clubs would be able to sell advertising space on it, retailers could have links to their locations plus show a map of where they are, down to the street, Stolen vehicles could be instantly registered with picture and details...for sale, parts, various Triumph models databases...chapter meetings, convention locations, .....there is a vast potential to its use.
    If there is any interest, please contace John at mailto:jramerman@domain.elided

On hindsite, we probably should have put the link out for all Stag List folks to try out, maybe that would have drummed up some more interest.  The test was only open to web page hosts and some VTR folks because of the slow server John got some free space to test on.  We had some interest last year, so it has been developed in Johns spare time, let's put it to use.  Listings would be purely voluntary, and information limited by the owner.  Those of you who plaster your Stag all over the Net would have "your place on the map".

Regards,
Glenn Merrell