Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Leaking Hood

Hi all
Does anyone else suffer the follwing.
If I drive at 75 mph in the rain on the motorway for five miles or so, a
slight tilt in the balance of the car will dump a half eggcup full of water in
my lap. It blows between the rubber strip and the chrome capping, and collects
in a sinking in the capping. I know beacue it leaves a slight mark as
rainwater does. When the car tilts slightly the accumulated rain falls over
the edge of the capping.
I wonder if it is possible to get a wider rubber seal which would close off
the front edge of the capping.
Peter Howells