Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Speedometer error

Hello Graham,

It could be that you have a 3.7 diff, but with a speedometer driven gear in
the od unit for a 3.45. Take (3.45/3.70) times 20 equals 18.65 (assuming
I'm doing this right!)
I don't know for sure, maybe the od experts out there can say, but I think
you could get the right speedo gear for a 3.7 diff and replace it in the od
unit without too much trouble.
But... maybe there isn't a od speedo gear for a 3.7 diff and that's why
od's use a 3.45 diff, as someone recently suggested?
Anyway, I also seem to remember seeing an ad somewhere for a universal
adapter that can adjust speedos in any ratio you specify. It looked like a
small gearbox that installs inline with the speedo cable...