Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Fuel pump sound

Lawrence

When it does not tick then there is a problem. this means it is not working

When is ticks and a great rate of knots then there is another problem.  this
means that you have run out of fuel or it is not pumping properly.

A rapid tick when you initially turn the ignition on means that it is just
priming the carbs.  a Slow tick when the engine is running means all is
well.  This tick will increase depending on how close to the metal the pedal is.

The original pumps are nice, however their main problem is that the contacts
wear and need replacing.  Then the fun starts.  If they are not installed
correctly they unit gives some problems.  However after and 20 odd years of
experience with them, My first contact with them was on my 1960 Morris
major, I think I know the answers.

Bye for now, keep staggering

Brian

 After about At 10:33 AM 24/02/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Do any of you Stag owners out there ever hear any sound from your fuel pump?
>
>I hear a little tick-tick the a pause then tick-tick and a pause.
>Everything seems to be working fine so I'm just wondereing if this is
>normal or a symptom of something wearing out.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Brian & Jan Tink

Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
Australia
P.O. Box 815  Woden  A.C.T. 2606
batink@domain.elided
Phone: (02) 62815275 (h)    (02) 62506615(w)  Mobile 014 68 5040
Fax:   (02) 62812331  Need prior warning to set up computer
FGBMFI   "His Banner over us is Love"

                                 /\
                         ___	/  \
                               \___/