Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Hoses

Hi all
Never use unreinforced hoses in a Stag unless you want to risk a rupture.
I had one at 20K miles after an engine rebuild. I didn't know the rebuilder
had used an unreinforced hose (Between thermostat and head). lost all the
coolant and overheated. (7/8ths up the guage)
It cost £600 for towing to London and a head and timing chain job following a
seized camshaft which stripped the cam drive sprocket on the crankshaft.
Peter Howells