Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: S N G Barratt

Kgnich@domain.elided wrote:

> In a message dated 18-Feb-98 20:16:14 GMT,  Philip_J_Wardle@domain.elided
> writes:
>
> > For anyone who hasn't already heard, S N G Barratt have pulled out
> >  of the Stag spares business in order to concentrate on Jaguar,
>

> SNG Barratt have just become ISO 9002 accredited (ie quality assured).  I was
> therefore confident that they would supply only proper parts for my stag.
> Could it be that they considered the stag parts industry to be a difficult one
> in which to operate since substandard parts seem to be unavoidable if the full
> range of available parts is to be sold.
>
> Just a thought.

I thought that ISO 9002 was only an indication of the quality of the
supplier's systems and record keeping etc. NOT anything to do with the
quality of the merchandise it produces !

The demise of SNG for Stag parts is a shame as it was very good at
investing in tooling to make unavailable parts rather than just
pedalling existing parts purely to make money as some other suppliers
do.

Plus they were my nearest source of parts !

Regards,

Dave.

--
	Dave Biggs