Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re:[3] Front Suspension Question

Friends

I think I might know what is wrong with my re-build project
The front cross member looks like it could be at fault
The holes for the track control arm bolts look different to
my main car (i.e. to far inboard by about 1 inch) pulling the
base of the struts in. The camber shims placed to set it correct,
but this pulled the hub in placing the tyre (sorry tire) to close
to the spring

What do you think ?

Can anyone provide drawings or a template of where these bolt
holes should be (or are on their car). I don't know which of
my cars is correct.

Alex Nixon

Triumph Stag 1973 US model - mine from '94 - daily driver
Triumph Stag 1971 UK model - mine from '83 - awaiting my return
Triumph Stag 1973 US model - under rebuild - anyone got an OD Gearbox ?
Range Rover  1990 US model - mine from '97 - what a toy

I Just keep trying to convince myself 1'm having fun,
and how lucky I am to have such a rewarding hobby...

A Brit who got lost , now in Atlanta Georgia USA