Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Low oil pressure

Ralph

>I always wanted one and ended up with two.
Not a bad choice ...

>I have the following questions:
Good that you asked first. You will get very profund answers from people like Mike, Angus and many more.
I will try the first shot:

>I plan on replacing the oil pump
Definitely take it apart. You can have a look at my one (see triumph home page and then maintenance)

>are there any other items I should be looking at since the engine will be out
NEW Timing chains and oil tensioners.

If you're really going to take the engine apart, please check the heads for wear (as described by Mike in the last digest)

>Can I adapt the trans cooler to use as an oil cooler, is there an oil
cooler kit on the market if so where can I get it?

Easy to get aftermarket oil cooler. Leave the trans cooler for your auto box, it will need it.

>Do I need to get the radiator recored to a a bigger core

There are uprated available. You might consider a electric fan (remove the old one) which gives you a nice place for the engine oil cooler behind the radiator.

Take care

  Tom

  (stolen from Greg Petrolati)

"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
Thomas Jell                       | '79 Spitfire (running, running, ...)
81730 Muenchen                    | '74 STAG     (lost a valve ...)
E-mail: jell@domain.elided    |              (... but on the way back)
                                  | '63 TR 4     (being rebuilt)

WWW: british car		  | http://www.team.net/sol/
     Triumph Home Page	          | http://www.team.net/www/triumph/