Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Hard Top

Hi Louis

Unfortunately the loss of Power steering fluid could be bad news. When it was
happening to me it was all leaking into the bellows. One day the bellows split
and there was fluid everywhere. Fortunately for me the rack was just under one
year old and fitted by a dealer. It was replaced under warranty.

After balancing with a flowmeter I tuned my carbs with a Gunsons gastester. I
have set them at 3% which is below the 4.5% figure in the workshop manual. It
may be a bit weak. Very difficult to same mixture on each. I set the needles
the same on each airvalve, and then moved both the same amount with the
special tool.
I tried a Colortune, but could only see a mixed blue and yellow flame
regardless of setting. This flame wasn't mentioned in the instructions. I
couldn't relate what I saw to the instructions so I gave up with that.
Another way is to let the gas from your blowtorch into the inlet tract via a
rubber tube. If she speeds up you are too lean. If she stays the same speed
you are OK or rich.

Another two p's worth

Peter Howells
71 Damson Tan LD669BW