Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Non-Standard Tyre sizes...and Parts

Hi Bob
I have sent off my list of personal scores.
I think you worded it so well by saying the supplier that cares is the
attractive one.
Thats what I feel about Cardinal. When I call them they almost give me a life
history of the part they will supply.

The last item I had from them was a pair of flexible hoses for the Auto tranny
oil cooler feed. What excellent items they supplied. One can almost tell just
by looking at the parts what the quality is like.

A while back I needed a glove box light cover. It is a chrome box like a half
matchbox. It fits inside the glovebox lid and lights up the glovebox and the
map on your lap and no new ones are available. The one they sent was therefore
used, but I'll wager no one could tell it from new. I also obtained an
excellent  Mk1 Steering wheel, and a seat frame with runners.
Much much better than  poorly made spurious items.

Lets hear from elsewhere.

PS I am still fitting 185HR14 tyres as per original size except these are made
in Korea (tut tut). At such prices no wonder they have a currency crisis. What
are the main benefits of going off standard on wheels and tyres?