Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digests, Krusty Problems

Glenn A. Merrell wrote:

>         So, end result is that if contributing members have ISP accounts that
> are on Richards new "problem site list", they will be effectively
> removed from the lists when Richard installs his new filtering
> software.  End result is that the lists will eventually deminish to a
> few contributors, because most all the major ISP suppliers have problems
> with SPAM junk e-mail.
>
>         Recommendations:
> 1- Richard, start a fee based e-mail for the service;
> or,

Hi,

I'm a Stag list newbie so please forgive the intrusion. I had hoped to
get some info on restoring my '73 Stag but I find everything in
disarray. Nevertheless, list servers are something that I know a bit
about.

There are at least two other options;

1. Create a moderated list. This seems to already be a moderated list
because I was unable to subscribe without the list owner's approval (
thanks btw). Majordomo and the various other listserver packages can be
set up to accept postings only from registered users (perhaps this
option doesn't work correctly; I've never had to use it). It also
requires that the moderator read and approve every posting which may not
be practical if he manages multiple high volume lists.

2. Create a usenet newsgroup for the Stag (worse spam problem) or;

a. Create a moderated usenet newsgroup. Same objections and advantages
as in #1 above.

Either way, I hope it gets sorted out. My Stag shucked its left timing
chain when the previous and original owner was motoring down the
interstate at about 65 MPH. I've got a bit of engine damage for sure.
We're going to tackle some rust around the windscreen and then get to
the engine. If anyone knows a source of pistons and valves please e-mail
(I'm sure this has been discussed over and over). I also need a source
for the Smiths dual oil pressure and (water temp? I forget) gauge. I
don't believe I can do without it.

Thanks,
Charles