Stag/Stag Digest Archive

It's Alive!

Well after sitting idle for about 2 years my Stag finally came alive
yesterday and I feel like Dr. Frankenstein.

I tried to start it on Saturday but had no spark. After sorting that out
tried it again and it would not fire. After many attempts and checking
the spark plug wires and timing of No.2 cylinder at TDC. I called a
friend of mine to help me out and get someone over here with a clear
mind.

He came over and proceeded to do the same thing I did and said I needed
to remove the distributor and rotate the gear 1 tooth when putting it
back in to get the rotor exactly lined up with No. 2 plug wire on the
dist.cap.

Sunday morning went out and pulled out the distributor turned it, put it
back, made sure everything was lined up and tried to start the Stag. She
fired right up on the first turn of the key. Boy was that exciting! Just
to hear the sweet purr of the engine again, just great.

Next steps will be to balance the carbs and adjust the timing. I'm going
to need the help of my friend who is an ace mechanic to adjust and
balance the carbs correctly. Hopefully, I will have the Stag back on the
road sometime after the first of the year.

Best wishes to all this holiday season.

Lenny
--
Lenny Seidman