Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V3 #25

In a message dated 02/12/97 13:52:37 GMT, you write:

<< IN ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE THE EXHAUST SYSTEM ON THE STAG I CONVIENTLY BROKE
 > OFF  A FEW OF THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD 1/2" STUDS. >>

If memory serves me right, these studs are 5/16" UNF on the end into the
manifolc and 5/16" UNC on the pipe end. Unfortunately to redrill and tap
these the manifold really does need to come off for access. Also to get them
straight a pillar drill or drill stand is really advisible. Drilling through
from below and fitting a bolt may be a temporary fix or even fiddling and
tapping them next size up may work with the manifolds on, depends on how far
you wish to go !

Andy Maughan