Stag/Stag Digest Archive

classic car show

To all the gang,

Ref Harlans query, the SOC have a display at the Birmingham Motor Show
every year, and I have just checked that they are doing it again this year.
 If you want a free coffee, I understand they have invested in a
coffee-making machine!

For your information, the show is 2 days, Saturday and Sunday.  It is
situated right next door to Birmingham airport (good airport with
inter-continental flights) and Birmingham INTERNATIONAL station (not city
centre) which is on the main fast railway line from London and thus by tube
train to London Heathrow or Gatwick airports.  Heathrow must be the worst
airport in the world.

If anybody need specific advice on travel arrangements, or if overnight
accommodation is required, please contact me and I will do all I can to
help - except paying for you!

The best day to go is Saturday - less crowded and best bits not yet sold so
if you are after parts, make a really early start!  In addition to the
'big' suppliers, there will be a lot of small stands selling small chrome
and rubber items which may not be essential for yor Stag now, but the very
devil to get if you are not attending the show in person as most of these
small stand-holders are not into export, or mail order even in the UK for
that matter.

Both Barratts and Rimmers will be there - if you are looking for something
special contact them early this week and they will arrange to bring your
parts along - you cannot rely on the right parts being available at the
show without making a special request.

Can I ask anbody who specifically wants to meet up at the show, to contact
me (Mike Wattam) very early this coming week (Mon or Tues?), and I will
arrange for a room to be made available to us at a specific time - say
midday on Saturday or whenever - so we can introduce ourselves to each
other.  Otherwise, if you want to leave messages, leave these for my
attention at the Press Office, which is just by the ticket booths.

I very much hope to have the opportunity of meeting some of you at least.

Get in conrtact real soon if you want to meet up.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register