Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag 2 part Soft top

Hello Kevin,
	I too have considered this 2 part system using a portion of the hood
frame.  SNG Barratts sells a "Windbreak-Mohair"  P/N SBS1805 for 195.00
Pound Sterling list price.  I prefer to have the whole soft top
available for the weather that constantly changes here in Colorado, so I
like the idea of having a detachable windbreak so I can put the top up.
I would most likely have one made locally though.  A Surry (targa) Top
would be a great idea for the Stag, using an old hard top back end which
already has the mountings, then use the front rail of the soft top and
frame to the "B" posts to make a removeable and foldable top section
that would stow in the boot.  I bet any reputable auto upolstry shop
would be able to make a custom top to fit the modified frame.

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
'73 Mark II Stag