Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

virus warning: it's a hoax

"Cha cormack" <chamac@domain.elided> forwarded the following:

> WARNING!  If you receive an e-mail titled, "JOIN THE CREW", do not
> open it! It will erase EVERYTHING on your hard drive.  Send this
> letter out to as many people you can..this is a new virus and not

Sorry about the lack of Italian car content, but I just
wanted to let you all know that 1) this is a hoax, and
2) there is no known virus that can infect your computer
in this way -- i.e., simply by you reading an email message.

For more info, see either of the following:
 http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/data/jtch.html
 http://www.macafee.com/support/hoax/join.asp

Bob (rjl@domain.elided) | '67 Fiat 850 Spider | '85 Mazda RX-7