Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Timing belt covers

>As far as the Coupes go, 73 has the yellow plastic cam belt cover, with the
>1600 Coupe sticker still somewhat attached (but it's really a 1592).  Are
>there any aluminum covers still floating around out there?

Here's my two cents. Most spiders I have seen (including mine) have a yellow
plastic timing belt cover. The Spiders equipted with a smog pump driven via
the exhaust cam were made of aluminum and painted charcoal grey.

I have seen a "non smog pumped" aluminum timing belt cover on a 1969 which
appeared at Freakout 94. But that's the only car I have ever seen with one.
It looked as if the owner had chrome plated it or did a really good job of
polishing it.

Has anbody ever seen a grey plastic timing belt cover?

My 1982 Spider had one that was grey.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt@domain.elided
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt

United States