Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re: x 1/9 flat balck trim

> Any suggestions out there on X 1/9 trim?   The bumpers, etc. have overspray
> from previous owners  re-paint  and I'd like to clean them up.    How about
> flat black paint?   Any suggestions out there?

I've just gone through this on my X. The body shop painted them gloss
black for me. I was quite worried about this but now I'm pleased with
the result. They did the same to the engine cover.

An alternative is a special flexible spray paint that is made for
painting rubber bumpers. I bought a spray can of this to spray trim
such as the door armrests and virtually anything black. It's a matte
finish and came up very nicely. (Bought it at the local car shop for
about $12Au ~$8US)

A trick to make the arm rests look great... if they're like mine
they had a stripe running along them with a silver finish that was
looking awful. Pull the stripe out of the armrest and carefully peel
off the silver coating layer and the resulting black strip looks
brand new. (Careful though... some strips are clear plastic
underneath the silver coating so this won't work).

Bye!
Jeff