Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re: Flat Black Trim

   As to the question about flat black trim on an X 1/9's bumpers and
  chrome....   It looks GREAT but you need to prepare the surfaces
  very well and use the right paint. I painted the shiny surfaces of my
  '78 X and in retrospect I should have used the clear tape racers use
  on the nose of their car to prevent chips on the bumper. It still looks
  pretty good but the bumper part (at least ) is bound to chip otherwise.

                   Mark Manley
    '83 X1/9
    '78 X1/9
    '84 GTV6