Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Canadian Fiats and Lancias

Francois <f.dion@domain.elided> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>can anybody direct me to italian car resources in North Carolina? Triad area
>would be best. Any chance that my Lancia Zagato from Canada pass emission
>tests and get it titled here? If not, anybody is selling a Zagato in the
>area? I'm in High Point.
>
>Up to now, i've seen some Alfa Milano and an Alfa Sport Sedan... this is a
>bit of a disapointment, as i was used to see several I cars each day in
>Montreal... (and not just Fiat or Alfa, but Lancia and Ferrari and Maserati
>etc...).

That 1982 Fiat Spider I mentioned in an earlier post was a Canadian model.
The only difference between it and the 1980 Spider I still own were the
speedometer and the cowl sticker.

I used to show the speedo to people and say, "Look, my car shows 220!" And
people would actually believe it!

The cowl sticker said 1981 Canada where my 80 model said 1980 California.
Yet the car was original sold at a Bristol Tennnessee Fiat dealer.

Within the doorjams there were two plates. One said, "This car meets U.S.
emmision requirements" and the other one said, "This car meets 1982 U.S.
impact and bumper standards."

OK, why in the world would a Canadian spec Spider have these stickers? Could
it be that the requirements for both two countries were so similiar it
didn't matter?

I was told by a guy from Canada that his 1987 Volkswagon Golf didn't have a
converter so it's weird that my 1982 Spider came with a converter.

As far as I know, N. Carolina has a saftey inspection system but I don't
think they have to be smog tested.

Does your car have these two stickers? What year it is? If it's fuel
injected, has an O2 sensor and a converter, your in good shape.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt@domain.elided
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt

United States

1980 FIAT 2000 Spider (injected)