Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Question revisted

I guess this question got lost during the holidays or they don't exist or
nobody has ever heard of them. Here's it again. I have learned that a
company called DTR in England suposably sells re-programmed chips for the
ECU on FIAT 2000 Spiders.

I assume because the L-jetronic system was used on a wide variey of cars,
this chip was probably created for another car that uses the same system
(Lancia Beta?, Renault Fuego,etc..) . I was told (don't know if it's true)
that virtually every (if not all) of the fuel injection components are
interchangable between the Renault Fuego and the Fiat 2000 Spiders.

So these guys may have just matched the Bosch numbers on the ECUs.

I've had the ECU casing apart from my X 1/9 and can't remember seeing a
removable EPROM in it. Mostly a bunch of a transistors.

Anybody know what I am talking about?

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt@domain.elided
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt

United States