RE: [ihc] COE 4x4 Loadstars

## >> The problem with a too heavy duty drive train, i.e. heavy
## >> axles, wheels,
## >> etc, is Unsprung Weight.
## >>
## >> If your chassis is riding on too much unsprung weight relative to the
## >> overall weight of your vehicle, it makes your vehicle ride like a
## >> Conestoga wagon.
## >>
## >> http://www.endoftheoregontrail.org/wagons.html
## >>
## >> --
## >> Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided

YES!  count me in.  i *like* that "brick on rollers" feeling.  it was one of
the main attractions for me as a kid when my dad gave me the B122.  when i
got it, the suspension was so stiff with the original springs and axles that
unless it was loaded to the gills there was absolutely *no* flex in the
suspension on any surface.  what a fun ride!  and that was already some
pretty heavy duty (and *heavy*) hardware under there.

now, jump forward ten or fifteen years and change the original 122
suspension and axles for the hardware from under a 1500.  imagine the rough
ride i can again enjoy if i ever put another engine in the beast.  oh yes,
you guessed it, cinderblocks being dragged down the street.  wheeee!  +)

of course, the B182 i recently acquired from Joel F (thank you again, Joel!)
probably rides even rougher, so...  if both are operational at one time, you
can bet your bottom dollar i'll choose the B182 over the B122 every time.
bring on the zero suspension travel during normal driving conditions.
combined with the very springy seats both Bs are known to have...  i'd
better wear some kind of hardhat, i expect to bash my head on the roof
repeatedly.  i can't wait.  <cackling madly>

my usual nickel, your mileage may vary, read instructions carefully,
contents may not match pictures on box, consult physician before use, and so
on.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/

---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton