From: ken.dunnington [mailto:ken.dunnington@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 3:25 PM
To: Pete Shubin
Cc: ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re[2]: [ihc] Pete's AMC 360 swap

Pete  Shubin wrote:

PS>...  My problem is that my moderately built 360
PS> ate the clutch and I am looking for something with more holding power.
PS> expect that a stock 258 clutch will not hold either behind a 360 and the
PS> weight of a Travelall.

Thanks, Pete, for the response.  I'll check out your BB post.

What size clutch did your 258 use?  My TA is equipped with the 11" 6
spring clutch with 141 lb pressure springs  vs the other 11" clutch
using springs with 124 lb pressure.  The 10.5" was standard, with
two 11" clutches being options, mine being optioned with the heavier
duty of the two 11".  So I don't think I would have the same problem
that you experienced with your clutch.

Ken