RE: Re[4]: [ihc] Holley projection help

## >> What nobody thinks about is that if they now tried to
## >> install a digital Holley it would also work well for
## >> them, it really is a good system.  But it is easier on
## >> the self image to blame Holley for not making a good
## >> system.

you have my 100% agreement here.  easier to blame Holley and call it a bad
system than to blame yourself or accept any personal responsibility.  i'm
exceedingly happy with mine, i wouldn't trade it for anything.  the guy that
installed it did an exceptional job, aside from the excess spaghetti of
wiring he used to do it.

## >> In talking to a Holley tech one time he said that 80%
## >> of their calls come from people who don't understand
## >> that a rusty chassis ground isn't good enough, even
## >> though it might work for brake lights.  I'd bet that
## >> if I read through the MS web site I would learn this
## >> same thing.

in looking through the site, i believe you're right.  additionally, both my
Holley and Crane manuals are very explicit on how the ground has to be.
fortunately that was taken care of very effectively by the guy who put mine
together, so i didn't have to mess with that part of it.  but just from
reading the manuals, i'd know to start there first if i had any problems
with either system.  of course, i've also learned this same thing from the
various Digesters who place heavy emphasis on good grounds repeatedly, too.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton