Re: [ihc] Auction around Omaha next weekend.

In a message dated 11/11/2004 9:25:43 PM Central Standard Time,
sohmj@domain.elided writes:
> Luverne Mfg.  Nice quality stuff.  I think they have moved some of their
> operation to nearby Brandon(Sioux Falls), SD.  I lived in Brandon and
> worked in Sioux Falls from '93-'95.  When were you there?

I was in southwest MN from 91 to 93 roughly.

> Luverne was one of the first words I read.  Think 4 feet tall, learning
> to read, what is near eye level?  Bumpers.  Our '72 Chevy pickup had a
> Luverne rear bumper, the kind that allows you to drop the tailgate
> straight down do you can back up to a loading chute to load and unload
> hogs. 'Course I was a big Laverne and Shirley fan too.  I think that was
> one of the last pickups in the area with a stock rack.  We were cool<g>
>
> Ed

I know that type of rear bumper well. Ive seen many of them.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Owner; Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/