[ihc] Can Dana 30 hubs for Scout 2 be turned down to fit Dana 44?

Hey gang, Do any of you know if anyone has ever turned the back rough cast
area on a Scout 2 Dana 30/44 drum brake front wheel bearing hub down to flat
so you could press together the disk brake disks and hub? The bearings and
the seal are all the same, laying them flat on table shows the same length,
so I am assuming without going further the cast surface could be spun on a
lathe and made flat for the disk to be pressed to? Anyone see anything
fundamentally wrong with this before I go further into researching its
feasibility?
So opinions, stories of someone who has done this, pictures :)

John